With the rapid development of China's economy and the increasing expansion of the field of foreign trade, more and more special heavy duty goods are being transported by sea. For example, the maximum weight of the marine engineering module under construction at the wharf has reached tens of thousands of tons, and the traditional means of ordinary goods transportation can no longer meet the transportation requirements. Therefore, when carrying out the transportation of these special unconventional heavy duty goods, RORO transportation plays an extremely important role.
The global construction of marine engineering modules has become a norm. All modules are built at the same time in the world, and then the modules are transported to remote areas with a lack of labor resources and complex environments for modular assembly by sea and land transportation. In order to facilitate transportation, the modules are built next to the wharf, and the weight of a single module has reached tens of thousands of tons. These marine modules are rolled on and rolled off by SPMT module transport, which solves the transportation difficulties of heavy-duty marine modules and improves transportation efficiency.
Roll-on / roll-off transportation is equivalent to small-scale logistics transportation. Before transportation, the corresponding scheme shall be made, the RORO site shall be explored, and all working units shall be coordinated. When RORO is loaded on the ship, the transportation shall be carried out in strict accordance with the scheme.
The specific RORO process is as follows:
(1) before transportation, the weighing experiment shall be carried out on the marine module with professional equipment to calculate the module mass and center of gravity;
(2) Assemble the SPMT according to the module mass and center of gravity, set the support points of SPMT, and calculate the module stability;
(3) Conduct on-site exploration, determine the driving route of the SPMT and calculate the road bearing capacity;
(4) Select RORO springboard, check its bearing capacity before RORO loading, lay RORO springboard, align the SPMT with the springboard, and prepare for RORO shipment;
(5) After the module is loaded on the ship, the roll on / roll off group reaches the designated position, slowly place the module on the buttress, and then SPMT is pulled out from under the module.