The main structure of the wind turbine blade transport trailer has four distinct features with high strength designs and materials to enhance its function and operation. This widens the range of uses for this type of trailer, especially for handling different types of loads and hauling on different terrains. They include goosenecks, steering structures, retractable beams and tail platforms.
1. Gooseneck: The connection point between the wind turbine blade transport trailer and the truck is a gooseneck design. Usually, the gooseneck can be raised up and down to accommodate the different heights of the 5th wheel of the truck. When the truck turns, the gooseneck can pass the signal and the trailer starts to turn.
2. Steering structure: Steering is a very important aspect of this wind turbine blade trailer. Therefore, there is a steering structure designed for efficient steering capability during transportation. Since trailers can be up to 62m in length, usually the rear axle needs a steering function to help the trailer navigate curvy roads. There are three steering configuration configurations to help this trailer navigate smoothly on the road.
3. Telescopic beam: The windmill blade trailer has the ability to adjust it to the required length in order to withstand loads of different lengths as required in a specific application. In this way, space can be created to withstand larger loads. Therefore, in order to prevent sagging due to its length, the stretchable portion becomes stronger. In this way, safety is improved during transportation from one point to another. Extendable beams also provide additional features to support the function and operation of the entire trailer. On top of that, extendable beams can have 2 to 4 levels of extension. Therefore, depending on the size and nature of the load that needs to be transported, the use of these extensions can make the trailer shorter or longer.
4. Tail platform: In order to enable the trailer to carry longer cargo, there is always a tail platform inside the trailer. This ensures that loads are held together perfectly during loading, transport and unloading. To suit different applications and uses, there are usually two types of tailstocks.
5. Materials: The choice of trailer structural material depends on the amount of load it is expected to carry and the forces acting on the base during loading, transport and unloading. Other considerations include general size and dimensions.
6. Control method: Handling and control of wind turbine blades The transport trailer is a very important part of the design. When moving cargo from one point to another, a lot of safety considerations have been taken to ensure safe operation.